Start Senior Year Ready!
Students might procrastinate, putting off college essays until right before they are due. This can lead to mediocre, poorly crafted essays. Get a head start!
I will be offering a college essay writing class in September to get kids started on their admissions essays. It will be a 3-hour seminar that includes:
- Review of current essay topics for the UO, OSU, Common Application and the UC Application (Feel free to bring additional essay topics)
- Brainstorming topic ideas
- Self-reflection exercises to develop more meaningful inspiration
- Create a high school activities list
- Writing time with peer review
Students are encouraged to bring a laptop, but they can begin their essays on paper as well. The goal of this workshop is not to have a completed essay, but to have started at least one essay with other essay possibilities in the early crafting stage.
The class is $40 and limited to 10 students. Please email me if you are interested. If more than 10 students sign up, I will be offering additional class times.
*This class is only open to students who will be seniors in the 2015/2016 school year. If you have a student who would like to take this class outside of these parameters, please email or call me at 541-913-6538. I will be offering a similar class next spring. I am also available for individual appointments.