Hi, I’m Katie Cawood, owner and founder of the Future Prep Institute in Eugene, Oregon. Future Prep is the Eugene/Springfield area resource center preparing students for their future.
If you and your student need help applying to colleges, you have come to the right place. I have guided hundreds of families and students through the college admissions process. I have a Masters degree in Counseling, am a Nationally Certified Counselor through NBCC and am licensed School Counselor through TSPC of Oregon.
As a high school counselor I have helped numerous students who have gained entry to top colleges and universities. Working within the high school process, I know first hand how to navigate the high school years while planning for college. Additionally, running a College and Career Center, I am well versed in scholarships and have networked with numerous college admissions representatives. I have assisted many students who have earned full ride scholarships from Gates Millenium, Questbridge, to National Merit.
We can cover a variety of topics from how to research colleges, getting organized around the college admissions process and what to expect in the Junior/Senior year.
I can assist you with:
- High School Course Planning and Review
- College Selection
- How to find the right “fit”
- Questions to ask when visiting colleges or meeting with college reps
- How to evaluate colleges and narrow your list
- College Applications
- SAT/ACT/PSAT advice and review
- Essay Topics selection and review
- Scholarships – How to find them and getting organized around them
- Career Counseling/Major Exploration
- How to set up college tours
- Junior/Senior year timelines
- Financial Aid and CSS Profile
- Letters of Recommendation – strategies, parent input
- Volunteer opportunities and getting the most out of your service work
- Summer Opportunities
- Extracurricular activities review and recommendations
- NCAA Compliance
If you are interested please email or call me at: